Monday, April 13, 2009

I got the journal back. I just read an entry from August 10, 1941

Thanks to Cherry for returning my journal to me. I decided last night that I would stop jumping around to various entries and start at the beginning. The first entry was for July 5, 1941. I remember that entry well and I found it very disturbing. I will skip it but if you want to read it you can follow this link to it: http://idajournal.blogspot.com/2008/01/july-5-1941.html


The next entry is for August 10, 1941:

August 10, 1941

It’s been a month now and dad is still looking for mom. We pray every night that she will return but she doesn’t.

My dad is in a little better spirits today. There is a glimmer of hope in his eyes. At first
I didn't know why but then he sat me down and told me. He told me he is
hopeful, he found where they took her and that others are taken there as an
intermediary, not to be killed but as laborers. She had been transferred on when
he got there but now he has some hope she was still alive. He is going to
continue looking for her.

I miss my mom so much. I still feel guilty that I
did not scream. If only I had screamed, someone would have heard me and she
would already be home.

This entry makes me feel a lot better than I felt after reading the first entry. There is some hope that she will be found. I want to read more but I think I should just take my time and cherish each entry.

No comments: